Who we are and what we believe
The Parkstone Christadelphian Church has been in Douglas Road, Parkstone, Dorset UK since 1960.
The name ‘Christadelphian’ means ‘Brothers and Sisters in Christ’ and we are members of a world-wide community of Christians. We aim to live our life by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, according to the teaching of His followers in the first century AD.
We see the Bible as the wholly inspired Word of God and we base all our beliefs on Bible teaching.
Central to Christadelphian belief is that Jesus Christ will soon return to the Earth. He will establish the Kingdom of God and grant eternal life to His people – those who have tried to follow Him and His Father.
We ask all those who are interested in the Gospel message to study their Bible. It will be our privilege and responsibility to help all those who want to come to a knowledge of Bible truth.
Please note that the time for our memorial meeting is 10.30am every Sunday.
We then break for refreshments before commencing our public talk at 12.15pm
The following Sunday afternoon public talks are planned, God willing. All take place at our Douglas Road Hall and start at 12.15pm. (Except where noted) You'll be sure of a warm welcome when you come along!
27th May - How God perceives mankind - Given by Peter Tyer
"Is it enough to be kind and helpful to others? If we generally observe the laws of the land will that mean God will be pleased with us?
The Bible tells us there is a key ingredient that must be present in the lives of men and women now if they are to be part of God's future, the Kingdom of God on the earth presided over by a returned Jesus Christ.
What's that special ingredient? Come and find out."
03 June 2018 - What the Bible Says About Money and Wealth'' - Given by Richard Cooper
Please come and listen to a presentation on the above theme on 3 June 2018, God willing, at 12.15pm. The talk will address the following questions.
· What are the key principles laid out in the Bible relating to this subject?
· What other practical advice does the Bible give us about money?
· The Bible is very clear about spiritual wealth – what does it say?
As part of the presentation we will also ask:-
· How much does the UK owe in debt?
· How many references to money or wealth are there in the Bible?
· How many of the parables of Jesus refer to these subjects in some way?
·Throughout most of the Old Testament there were no such items as coins – how did people buy and sell in those days?
10 June 2018 - 'Take care - sheep on way' - given by Don Graham
Life is a journey, subject to some degree to 'time & chance'. Within this framework, we are given freewill and as sheep will at times go astray. The sum total of our lives will be our 'statement of faith' and reveal where ' our treasure is' Prov. 3 v 5/6
17 June 2018 -'The Second Kingdom of God' - Given by Craig Wilcox
Not many people are aware that God has had a Kingdom on Earth in the past. Could that Kingdom be seen as a prototype of the Kingdom of God spoken of in the Bible?
24 June 2018 'The Reformation and You'- Given by Karam Ram
The talk covers the following points:
1) What do we mean by reformation and the Reformation?
2) Reformation has always been part of the Bible Story
3) The historic factors that gave rise to the Reformation in 16th Century Europe
4) An overview the Reformation in Germany started by Martin Luther and its effects
5) Previous failed attempts at reformation by groups like the Lollards
7) The invention of the printing press, the printing of vernacular bibles, and the way this new technology changed the ability to disseminate new ideas
8) The specific issue of Indulgences that angered Luther
9) The recognition of the authority of scripture and the doctrine of justification by faith
10 Luther’s real legacy today