Who we are and what we believe
The Parkstone Christadelphian Church has been in Douglas Road, Parkstone, Dorset UK since 1960.
The name ‘Christadelphian’ means ‘Brothers and Sisters in Christ’ and we are members of a world-wide community of Christians. We aim to live our life by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, according to the teaching of His followers in the first century AD.
We see the Bible as the wholly inspired Word of God and we base all our beliefs on Bible teaching.
Central to Christadelphian belief is that Jesus Christ will soon return to the Earth. He will establish the Kingdom of God and grant eternal life to His people – those who have tried to follow Him and His Father.
We ask all those who are interested in the Gospel message to study their Bible. It will be our privilege and responsibility to help all those who want to come to a knowledge of Bible truth.
Please note that the time for our memorial meeting is 10.30am every Sunday.
We then break for refreshments before commencing our public talk at 12.15pm
The following Sunday afternoon public talks are planned, God willing. All take place at our Douglas Road Hall and start at 12.15pm. (Except where noted) You'll be sure of a warm welcome when you come along!
24 June 2018 'The Reformation and You'- Given by Karam Ram
The talk covers the following points:
1) What do we mean by reformation and the Reformation?
2) Reformation has always been part of the Bible Story
3) The historic factors that gave rise to the Reformation in 16th Century Europe
4) An overview the Reformation in Germany started by Martin Luther and its effects
5) Previous failed attempts at reformation by groups like the Lollards
7) The invention of the printing press, the printing of vernacular bibles, and the way this new technology changed the ability to disseminate new ideas
8) The specific issue of Indulgences that angered Luther
9) The recognition of the authority of scripture and the doctrine of justification by faith
10 Luther’s real legacy today
July Subjects - further details will be posted soon
01 July 2018 - "Your Worst Enemy" - given by Martin Riley
Who is your real worst enemy ? Who really makes you do all the things you regret ? God ? The devil ? Someone else ? Let’s have a look at what the Bible says.
08 July 2018 - 'Is religion still relevant in today’s society?' - given by Raoul Perfitt
15 July 2018 - 'True Christianity – getting the relationship right' - given by James Riley
22 July 2018 - 'Is Jesus out of reach?' - given by Eric Lowe
29 July 2018 - 'Proverbs or Parables? - given by Chris Davis